Delegation For Success And Growth
Delegation ? What comes to your mind? Does delegation means losing power and control? Or does delegation means, sharing common goals and marching towards the ultimate success? In today’s topic of “delegation for success and growth”, we will explore certain guidelines on delegation. We will share with you, what you should do and what you should not, in another words, the art of delegation for success and growth.
Delegation Can Be Power Or Problem
To grow your business or your influence, you realize you cannot possibly complete all the tasks on hand. You will rather focus on high value activities and delegate others if you could.Yes, there can be some risks involved when you delegate, however, without accepting such risks you can never grow in size or influence. If the leadership is contained to one man, the nation will not grow. That is why,leaders build teams with loyal and trusted members whom he can delegate…
The Principles Of Delegation
- Remember, as a leader, you cannot finish each and ever of the task in your hand. If insist you can, then it means you are not an important leader at all.
- Surround yourself with capable and trust worthy members, whom you can delegate some of your tasks.
- If the task is of high value or importance that needs your direct attention, then do not delegate the task at any cost.
- Other tasks that does not need your direct attention can be delegated to your trusted members of the team.
- When you delegate to a member of your team, empower him/her with certain authority and responsibilities. He is needs to feel the “power and importance” to perform remarkably.
- Delegation with “power and importance” builds loyalty and trust both ways.
- Once you have delegated the tasks, do not enforce your influence. Instead, allow your subordinate to execute to his best abilities without the fear of your influence.
- If you dare still poke your nose after you have delegated, your subordinates will throw their fury at you, with time, at your superficial delegation and empowerment.
- You should hold your subordinates responsible for the actions he took in executing the delegated tasks. Without which, the delegated task loses its seriousness.
- All assignments, delegated or not, you as the leader, you are fully responsible for the outcomes, success or failures
- You should never punish a subordinates who has put in 100% honest efforts if the delegated tasks did not give the results you expected.
- Do not spoon feed your subordinates. If not, they will not learn nor grow.
- Instead, encourage your subordinates to be more creative when addressing an issue. Motivate them for your success…
- Remember, your business or success can only grown when you perfect the art of delegation.
Delegation – The Conclusion
If you are interested to read more on the art of delegations, probably you can check these books in Amazon.
Now that you have understood some of the DOs and DON’Ts of delegation, which of the above point you agree or disagree most? Care to share with us, your experiences of delegation?